Your Entry into the Entertainment Industry.
School of Performing Arts
35 Avodale Rd, Greyville, Durban, 4091
Various Branches Checkout Branch Nearest To You...
Cell 1: 0718869997
Cell 2: 0833274666
Tel: (031) 3098838
1. Your place is confirmed (subject to availability) on a course when we receive a completed enrolment form with full payment to the office or by calling the office with your debit / credit card details. It is advisable to do this by no later than the start of the first lesson to secure your place. All debit / credit card payment applications are confirmed after they have been authorised. Students joining the course late will still be required to pay the full fees.
2. We can only send confirmation of a place on a course by email, so please provide a valid email address. In the event that a valid email address is not provided, it is the student’s responsibility to obtain confirmation of the start dates of courses.
3. Non-payment of entire fees will mean that your place will not be confirmed on the course until such time that the full fees are paid up. This is subject to places being available.
4. Please ensure that the enrolment form is completed comprehensively to ensure there is no delay in processing your application and confirming your place.
5. A full money back guarantee operates only for the first week of the course. Once course commences, student is liable to pay fees for the full course and no refunds will be given thereafter under any circumstances. If you have paid for a Gold Annual Membership you will be refunded for the courses that you have not yet started and therefore attended. Fees charged will be based on a termly charge. An administration charge of R50 will be deducted from your Gold Annual Membership fees.
6. All requests for refunds, transfer of courses, venues or terms must be made in writing (email, fax or letter) and must be received by the officeby no later than the start of the 2nd lesson (2nd week).
7. Once fees are transferred to another term (with notification during the first week only), no refund will be given thereafter.
8. Certificates will be issued to students taking exams. Exams will take place on the 13th week of each term. Please ensure that you keep your certificates and exam reports in a safe place as there will be a £5.00 reissuing fee of a certificate or report.
9. Any promotions / special offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
10. Dancekool S.A reserves the right of admission and to alter times and days of classes. If any classes are cancelled / rearranged due to circumstances beyond our control, the lost time will be made up. If a teacher is not available on any occasion, every endeavour will be made to provide another teacher/trainee.
11. It is the responsibility of all students to communicate to the office any changes in their personal details or any other details. Please do not communicate any of these changes to the teachers during class as they will not be in a position to deal with such matters.
12. Only students whose names are on the registers will be allowed to participate in the class. Individuals who are not on the registers will be asked to leave.
13. No parents / visitors are allowed to sit in the class whilst the class is being conducted except the parents whose children are attending the 4-7 year age class.
14. Students are kindly asked to wait outside the class and they should only enter the class when their class is due to commence.
15. Parents / Guardians coming to collect their children are kindly asked to wait outside patiently until the class finishes.
16. All mobile phones / pagers must be turned off in class by students, parents and visitors.
17. Any student found displaying bad conduct, disturbing classes, regularly arriving late for class(s) without permission and general misbehaviour will not be tolerated. The student will be asked to leave the course and fees will be forfeited.
18. The courses, although of a high standard, are offered for recreational and leisure purpose and the Academy are therefore under no obligation to find work for the students.
19. All students are advised to wear loose clothing and comfortable shoes. Dancing will be taught mainly with bare feet, except with the modelling course, where shoes will be allowed. Pointed high heels will not be allowed. No jewellery such as large / loose earrings, long chains / necklaces are permitted to be worn in class.
20. No cameras and video recording equipment are allowed in the classes, except with written permission. All photographs taken by the Academy during the classes are copyright of the academy.
21. As the classes are situated in a residential area, students are asked to attend classes without creating excessive noise outside or causing a nuisance to the neighbours. Parents are requested to ensure that their children are well behaved.
22. Shows may be staged in front of a live audience to help build confidence and give students practical experience. If a student does not want to perform on stage, the management / teacher will need to be told in advance.
23. Students are not permitted to make any public performance of any dance numbers taught at Honey's Dance Academy without prior written permission from the Academy. Use of any choreography taught by the Academy without such permission will result in immediate dismissal from the course/s, forfeiture of course fees and a payment of a penalty in the sum of R5000 for unauthorised use of the choreography. For permission please contact Teachers & Superior Authority.
24. Those students who represent Dancekool S.A (by performing at shows etc.) will not be permitted to represent any other institution without prior consent.
25. Dancekool S.A accepts no responsibility for any accident, loss or injury sustained by any person or to their property.
26. Before beginning any of the courses offered, it is advisable to obtain the approval of your doctor. These courses are for people of all ages in good health.
27. Places in a Dancekool S.A are strictly on a first come first served basis. To avoid disappointment, we advise that you to enrol on the Gold Annual Membership. This will enable you to have a confirmed place for all three terms of the academic year.